The Studio Manager is responsible for operating, maintaining, and overseeing The Garage’s Recording Studio. They will be essential in the organization’s continued efforts to provide young people with space to gain experience and technical skills in a supportive environment that best serves the community.
- Conduct recording sessions
- Oversee and schedule a pool of Recording Engineers
- Perform regular maintenance on studio equipment
- Oversee studio equipment budget
- Take frequent inventory of all equipment
- Instruct and coordinate all educational opportunities
- Help to develop and foster a studio client base
There is also an educational component to this position where the Studio Manager will lead educational programs focused on building the career skills of young people looking to enter the field.
- 10 hrs/week of Administrative Hours (client emails, equipment maintenance, etc.)
- 8-10 hrs/week of Instructional Hours
- Additional earnings from client recording sessions set at your hourly recording rate
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The Studio Manager will perform their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the mission of Catalyst — to provide equitable opportunities for young people to see, experience, and participate in the Twin Cities music community while making the world work for them. They will fight to abolish systemic issues within the music industry as they work to influence, educate, empower, uplift, lead, and promote the young people of our community.
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer and encourage all to apply, including BIPOC, women, people with disabilities, and/or people identifying LGBTQIA are encouraged to apply.